Enhanced bereavement support
- Specialist provider of direct life insurance
- Operates as two consumer-facing brands via its UK-based contact centre
- An agile, results-driven high-performance business
- Underpinned by its purpose to provide peace of mind for customers
- £28m annual turnover, privately-owned
We were appointed to design and implement an enhanced bereavement support service throughout the customer redemption and claims process. The client asked us to provide additional guidance and legal expertise when required, adding further value to their proposition. With seamless integration, we needed to build confidence and trust across their organisation whilst delivering outstanding service levels to their bereaved customers.
In 2020, we launched a new and exclusive counselling and support service, adding further value to our client’s customers.
Our strategy was to slowly build several ‘touch points’ throughout the customer journey to encourage inbound calls to the client. We collaborated closely with its team to achieve their objective of providing specialist telephone support for their bereaved next of kin throughout the claims process.
What we did
- Collaborated with senior marketing and product teams
- Supported the integration of various touch points throughout the customer journey
- Collaborated and created bespoke content for customer letter templates, co-branded leaflets and website content
- Undertook weekly reviews during the initial three months of the relationship to tailor the service and support the claims team
- Creation of articles for client PR and comms
The National Bereavement Service (NBS) has assisted more than 500 customers with practical help and guidance. In 2020, we launched a new and exclusive counselling and support service, adding further value to our client’s customers.