National Bereavement Service (NBS) provides bespoke practical and emotional bereavement support. Get help today with our free services via our helpline or send us a message today.
Emotional support and bereavement care is available to those who need extra comfort during this challenging time. We’re here to help and find solutions – whatever that may be.
At the NBS, you can find the following help:
- Registering a death and when the coroner or procurator fiscal is involved
- Finding a reliable funeral director and how a funeral can be paid for
- Prioritising who needs to be informed of a death
- Help with understanding if you need probate and how to go about it
- Information about legal tasks, whether you can do it yourself or you need a solicitor and the costs
- Dealing with debts of the person who died
- Support if you feel you are struggling with your emotions
- Advice on how to support family, friends and colleagues with grief
If anything is not on this list that you need to ask, please contact us.