Have you got a Will? October 2023 is Free Wills Month
If you haven’t made a Will yet, October’s Free Wills Month is your chance to get this important document ready.
- Do you know what will happen to your estate when you die?
- Do you know who you want to leave your estate to?
- Do you have particular wishes you’d want to be followed?
A Will makes sure that your estate benefits those you care about, but over half of UK adults don’t have one.
According to a latest study by Tower Street Finance:
- 72% of research respondents plan to leave money to loved ones after they have died
- The number of UK adults without a Will is increasing! In 2022, 48% had written a Will, but this was 55% in 2020
- 4 in 10 respondents don’t understand the risks that come with a ‘DIY’ Will (not written by a professional)
Protect those you care about with a Will this October
- Without a Will, your property will be distributed in line with laws which may not be the same as your wishes.
- If you’re not married or in a civil partnership, your partner won’t automatically inherit your estate unless you’ve made a Will to say that they should. A Will is vital if you want to protect their home or other financial affairs.
- Have you married or separated? Have you had children? Have your circumstances changed? An old Will may no longer be valid and you may need a new one.
Write your free Will & support charities close to you with Adroit & Guardian Angel
Adroit Legal Services is working with Guardian Angel to offer free Wills during October 2023.
How can I claim my free Will?
You can choose to write your free Will online, in-person or over the phone this October.
- Online with Guardian Angel: Support and an easy-to-follow process is on hand from Guardian Angel as you prepare your draft Will online. A team of experts checks over each Will before you sign and witness it.
- Over the phone or in person with Adroit Legal Services: Just call 0800 773 4014 to get started!
Free Wills Month ends on 31st October, so claim your free Will before the end of the month.
This article has been prepared by Adroit Legal Services and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
About Adroit Legal Services:
Adroit Legal Services is a professional employee benefits provider, providing tailored packages of quality-assured, affordable legal and bereavement support for the people, clients and customers of large, well-known client organisations throughout the UK. Visit www.adroitlaw.co.uk for more, or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
About the National Bereavement Service:
The National Bereavement Service (NBS) is a free, not-for-profit impartial information and advice service for people anticipating a death or having experienced a bereavement. NBS handles over 10,000 calls a year, offering a free helpline and webchat for access by the public. Visit www.theNBS.org to chat to us online, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.